Monday 18 July 2016

Targeted Spot Concealing

Every woman (and man) needs to have a few tricks up their sleeve when it comes to looking their best. When working on cosmetic counters even though neither role I held focused on makeup artistry, I still dealt regularly with people who just didn't know what to do when it came to concealing blemishes. 

I thought that I would share with you my favourite concealer for spots and blemishes, the tools that I like to apply and my tips for application. 


As for concealer, my fail safe spot corrector is Benefit Boi-ing. I use this in shade 01-Light and find it is a good match for my skin, not to pink, not too yellow. I would recommend getting matched for a shade if you are unsure on the colour. This is a very creamy concealer which makes it pretty malleable and easy to blend. The real selling point for me though is that it is industrial strength. Seriously, this stuff does not budge all day. I know that I can use this on a blemish and not need to worry about it as I go about my day.  

To apply, I use two brushes from my Real Techniques Eye Kit. The liner brush is used to pick up the concealer and then used to 'pinpoint' the blemish. You do not need as much concealer as you think for spots. Using a fine brush to apply the product in a small area concentrates the colour-correcting pigments where they are needed so refrain from covering your entire chin in concealer to hide that single spot. Once you have 'pinpointed' your blemish, use a fluffy blending brush to lightly buff the product seamlessly into the complexion. Use light, circular movements for a flawless finish. Apply a light dusting of your face powder and voila. Blemish concealed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...