Tuesday 19 July 2016

Chanel No5 Eau Première Twist and Spray

Some women have a 'signature' scent. I have what I like to call my 'wardrobe' of scent. While the idea of having that one fragrance is very romantic in that people smell it and automatically think of you, I get bored. I can't imagine wearing the same dress or lipstick every day and I like to match my fragrance to my mood. 

Ironically enough, Chanel No5 is probably the fragrance in which the largest number of women wear as their signature (no evidence, purely speculation and hearsay on my part). I go through phases with my fragrance collection and right now I am most definitely in a No5 phase. 



No5 Eau Première is my preferred interpretation of the classic and, at least until September, is the most recent interpretation. While the mood may take me to classic No5 Parfum every so often, it is a very instinctual interpretation. What I mean by that is on the days in which I wear it I know that I will be wearing it. I don't stand and select a fragrance. I just reach for the parfum without thinking. 

Back to Eau Première. This is my fragrance when I am feeling undecided. It has a mixture of freshness and floral which appeals to my nose when I'm unsure of what I want. When I wear this fragrance it turns light and powdery on my skin which leaves a very 'natural' smell. You would be forgiven for thinking that I wasn't even wearing fragrance as it smells as though it could just be my skin. I suppose that was the goal when the initial interpretation was being created 'a woman's perfume, with a woman's scent' as Chanel herself requested. I like the twist and spray bottles in particular as they are great for carrying in your handbag or for travelling. As you can see in the photographs you have the atomiser and 3 vials of 20ml each fragrance. Meaning that you can swap the vial when you run out.  

I have always loved this video, so I thought that this was an appropriate time to share it with you!
Do you have a favourite interpretation of No5? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...