Wednesday 20 July 2016

La Roche-Posay Effaclar 3 Step Anti-Blemish System

Generally, I have good skin. The odd spot here and there and the usual cluster of blackheads across the nose. Nothing major. My skin seemed to rebel against me as I left the beauty industry. I am still clueless as to the trigger, but a few weeks ago my skin went haywire. 

At one point I had 8 spots across my chin alone and I had hard lumps where the pores across my cheeks had blocked. I initially thought that I would ride it out, my skin was obviously not happy with something and it would clear up on it's own. When I found myself picking at the blocked pores on my cheeks while watching Will & Grace (how great is that show?) I knew that I had to do something. 

French Pharmacie brands seem to have the answer to just about everything. I knew exactly what I wanted - non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and something to sooth. After a dig around online I opted to order the La Roche-Posay Effaclar 3 Step Anti-Blemish System to try and treat the issue. It ticked all of my boxes and was well recommended. 



In the box, you have your 'cleanse, tone, moisturise' regime which all work together to combat oily and blemish prone skin. Now, I purchased this knowing that is was made for oily skin. My skin is normal, I can sometimes have a little oil across my t-zone but never enough to make me reach for 'oily/combination' skincare products in the past. I took a gamble on this as it is for oily and sensitive skin. 

As the cleanser is soap-free it stops the drying effect that you often get from foaming facial wash. It works to purify the skin of excess oil. Note - excess. This does not strip skin. It also has a pH of 5.5 which is the ideal pH of skin. So while it purifies, it most certainly does not strip. The clarifying toner works similarly to the facial wash, I have had no dryness or tightness after using the cleansing system. I will note that my skin does feel very clean and fresh after using both products. 

After cleaning it is on to using the award-winner of the trio. Effaclar Duo [+] works outstandingly. The combination of ingredients used in this product work to boost the skins renewal process by speeding up natural exfoliation and also work as an anti-inflammatory meaning that any blemishes will be soothed and calmed down. It is a very smooth formula which can be used alone before makeup. I like to apply a non-comedogenic moisturiser on top just to keep my skin well hydrated and it still works perfectly.  

While I have only been using the system for 3 weeks, I have noticed a difference in my skin. The purple-tinged scars on my chin from the 8 spots are healing massively quicker than normal. I have also noticed a difference in the appearance of blackheads around my nose and the little blocked pores that I used to get on my chin. Cleansers and toners are something which I tend to use and then float to something else, but the Effaclar Duo [+] is going to be in my skincare drawer from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...