Sunday 31 August 2014

Beauty Tools


As much as skincare, haircare and makeup products can work wonders to make you look your best, there are a few tools which I feel totally lost without on a day to day basis. Whether it be in my makeup bag in case of any emergencies or just as a part of getting ready in the mornings.

Tangle Teezer - I admit that I was late to the party when it comes to this wonder tool. As a child, I used to cry when my mum brushed my hair because it was always to tuggy. My hair could just be brushed, I walk across the room and it is full of knots again. This little genius gets rid of the tugs quickly, easily, without breakage and pain free. Why didn't I get this sooner? I never want to be without one. Ever. 

Compact Mirror - I always have one in my handbag, I have a tendency to have eyelashes lying the wrong way and being able to grab a compact mirror out of my bag to find the offender and then get it sorted makes life a lot easier. Not to mention it comes in very handy to top up your lippy or sort out any mascara smudges that may occur during the day. I love this one with the pin-up girl, it was a total bargain from Poundland too. What more could you ask for?  

Muslin Face Cloth - I have a bit of an obsession to be fair. Whenever I go to Home Bargains I pick up a hand full of these every time (69p each if my mind serves me correctly) because they are perfect for removing face masks and using with hot cloth cleansers. You should always use a fresh one, so having loads to cycle through makes obeying that rule a heck of a lot easier. 

Nail File - You always end up with a catch in your nail when you don't have one of these in your bag. Then it pulls on your jumper, catches your tights and then you revert to either biting the nail or just pulling it. I stock up on nail files and try to leave one in each handbag so that I don't get caught out. The Avon ones are brilliant, they make light work of filing your nails and they don't cause the nails to split or leave any rough edges, plus they last pretty well before needing replaced.

Tweezers - I seem to have a new rogue eyebrow hair every morning, so I keep these close by to sort it out when I am getting myself ready. They come in handy if you are using false lashes or lash extensions (not that I have the patience for that very often, right enough). They are just handy to have, I love my babushka doll ones, they're so cute!

Hair Scissors - Total necessity when you have a block fringe. I use these probably every two or three days just to neaten my fringe up and to make sure that it is all even. I try sometimes to leave it to grow so that I can give it all a fresh, blunt cut to freshen it up. But on the most part, the scissors are on my dresser to provide a quick tidy up when I brush through my hair.


What are your essential beauty tools?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...