Monday 25 August 2014

The Body Shop Primers


I have to say, The Body Shop have kind of nailed is as far as primer is concerned. Dependent on the condition of my skin dictates which of these two primers I find myself reaching for every day. These two products do come under the skincare range as opposed to makeup and while they do help to create a base for foundation and other makeup, they still have added benefits to help perfect your skin. 

The Tea Tree Pore Minimiser (£7.50) featured in my holiday makeup bag because it is a good all-rounder. It does create the appearance of smaller pores and the addition of tea tree makes this feel so refreshing on the skin. It doesn't feel like it is clogging your pores at all and helps to create a matte base for the rest of your makeup. Of course, the tea tree makes this product great if you are prone to breakouts or oily skin - with that in mind it is not at all drying on the skin so it won't leave your face feeling crispy! Brilliant for your travel makeup bag in case of any breakouts while you are away but is also a brilliant all rounder in the primer world. Tea Tree,  I love ya.

Dullness is something which you find me complaining about a lot. I find that my skin can look flat and looking like it needs some extra 'oomph' to give radiance, enter Vitamin C Skin Reviver (£15.00). I love the Vitamin C range from The Body Shop, the products always smell uplifting (this is no exception) and they do work to give the skin a boost. This product has light reflecting particles which add a bit of luminosity to the skin and help to create some radiance to otherwise lack-luster skin. This is something which I put on alone after my moisturiser before running to the shops because it gives you a bit of a glow without looking as though you started to put makeup on and then got bored and decided to go out as you are. 

I can confidently say that if I were only allowed two primers in my makeup collection it would be these two. I know that there are other brands that make great primers, Benefit for one. But The Body Shop have nailed the hybrid between skincare and makeup with both of these products so well that I can't see much else competing with them. 

Have you tied either of these primers? Which was your favourite?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...