Monday 7 July 2014

Five Days of Fashion - Stine Goya

Over the next five days I'll be doing something a little different on Bonjour Emily. As you can probably see from the title, it is fashion-based rather than the usual beauty. I was contacted by a company called Farfetch who asked me to look at these story boards for five different designer's collections for consideration of sharing them on my blog. 
After having a look through the designer's work I was in total awe - there is some amazing design work here and I really wanted to share it with my lovely readers. 

First up is Stine Goya.


What Farfetch Say -
Stine Goya
Based in Copenhagen, Stine Goya’s shattered prints bring texture to her minimalist, sculptured, and carefully constructed silhouettes. Her eponymous label is quickly becoming a favourite with fashion insiders, thanks to her wearable aesthetic and a Scandinavian appeal that is difficult to define. This season the Central St Martins graduate showed perforated tops and mosaic print jackets, worn with a single ear cuff and just the right amount of edge.

My Thoughts - 
Although I would not describe myself as a 'minimalist', this collection definitely appeals to me. I love that although the shapes of the garments are quite, well, minimalist, and this somewhat contradicted by adding texture and pattern to break it up. I really like that the shape and the textures are not what you would automatically see paired together, there is a slight edge of cool without being too in your face about it. Understatedly cool and oh so chic, anything from this collection would not look out of place for a day at the office or a day out shopping, it all just works and can be worn and accessorised to fit where and when you would wear it.

I can definitely see why Stine Goya is grabbing the attention of fashion insiders at the moment, from just looking at this story board, I can imagine the editors from Elle and Vogue sporting her jackets to work. Like I said, understatedly cool and most definitely chic. I don't think that you could go wrong wearing anything from this collection, you would automatically look polished and professional, no matter where you were going.

What do you think of Stine Goya's collection?

Image and information in this post was provided by Farfetch, all opinions given are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...