Tuesday 8 July 2014

Five Days of Fashion - Ashish

Day 2 of my 'Five Days of Fashion' series with Farfetch is here. Today's designer is very different from yesterday's which you can see here.
Today we are looking at Ashish



What Farfetch Say -
Ashish
Indian-born Ashish Gupta has reclaimed the sequin and made it his signature. No shape is too casual: this year he encrusted torn denim and the humble plastic bag with thousands of them. Elsewhere there were old school Coco Cola logos, striped shirt dresses and louche zebra print. It was a collection that went viral immediately, thanks to the Instagram appeal of those luminescent. 

My Thoughts -
This is so different. I absolutely adore the use on sequins on everything - you can't go wrong with some sparkly sequins in my mind. What I really love is the contradiction of casual shapes and styles with the sparkle giving it a but of a dressier feeling. On paper this shouldn't work, however the way that Ashish has executed the idea really does just work.

Looking at the catwalk images of this collection, I personally cannot see myself  head to toe in this kind of outfit, it is pretty full on. However, I can definitely see myself wearing a piece like a striped shirt dress and mixing it in with pieces from my wardrobe. These pieces would definitely fit in with just about any wardrobe and would easily be able to make several outfits by having a few key pieces (I'm thinking black skinny jeans, a killer pair of wedges or dress down with some Converse).

What do you think of Ashish's collection?

Image and information in this post was provided by Farfetch, all opinions given are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...