Monday 11 July 2016

It's time to get reacquainted

Hello, it's been a while, I know. As the post title suggests, I think it is time that we were reacquainted and I suppose I should explain myself to you and share my fresh intentions for the blog.  

It has been very quiet on Bonjour, Emily for a year now and the year prior that wasn't as content-filled as I would have liked it to have been either and for that, dear reader, I apologise. The truth of the matter is that for the last two years I have been working on cosmetic counters and spent a year each with two massive beauty brands. I saw it as a conflict of interests by talking about beauty products with a possibly biased opinion towards the brand in which I worked for at the time. Another truth of the matter is that as much as I love and adore beauty I spent the entirety of my days talking about, comparing, swatching and recommending beauty products - I had very little drive to do the same by the time I got home.

Why am I back now? I am glad that you asked. At the end of June, I worked my last beauty shift in the hall that I had been in for two years. After a few weeks R&R, I'll be returning to studying for a year and then I'll be off into a 'career' world that has nothing to do with beauty. That means that I will need an outlet for my beauty passion which I don't think I will ever be rid of. Enter Bonjour, Emily. 



I am in the midst of working out the finer details and scheduling, however I wanted to let you know that I am back and I have a slightly different take on what I want to do with my blog. While I have always written honest reviews, they were sometimes negative. What I would like to do now, is to provide you with my product recommendations. Products which I have tried and I love and would go out and spend the money on again. Obviously, not everything which I get on well with and works for me will be right for you and with that I ask that you consider why I like it, what issues it solves for me and use my reviews as a way to make an informed decision on whether to try it for yourself. As before, I will provide recommendations from various brands and price ranges but this time it is as long as I would be prepared to buy the product again, feeling it is worth the price tag.  

Over the coming days expect to see some layout changes and tweaks to the blog while I get it the way that I would like, and I'll be out with my first recommendation shortly. 

It was good speaking to you again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...