Wednesday 17 September 2014

Bourjois



Every so often, high street makeup brands go on somewhat of a winning streak. I think it is safe to say that at the moment, Bourjois on one of those winning streaks. Pretty much every release that Bourjois have made in the last 12-18 months has been an instant hit not only in my makeup bag but across the beauty world. Everyone is going a little bit crazy over them at the moment and it is understandable why.

I have done a few dedicated review posts on my blog before, my post on Java Rice Powder is still the most popular post on Bonjour Emily. I know that I go on about this product every second post I make, but it is absolutely brilliant and I never want a makeup bag without it. Ever. Another staple which I have come to love which I have posted about before is the Rouge Edition Liquid Lipstick which is just the best lip product that I have tried, hands down. 

Of course Bourjois are known for creating brilliant base products with Healthy Mix Foundation often cropping up on blogger's favourite base lists. Which creates a lovely, healthy (funnily enough) looking base for the rest of your makeup. It is a nice medium coverage that still allows my freckles to show through not leaving me looking caked in foundation (there is nothing worse). With the addition of new foundation and base products which are also brilliant (Happy Light and 123 Colour Correcting Cream) the brand just keep upping their game with every launch.

Even harking back to some of the longer standing products, like The Little Round Pot which was initially release in 1863 - that is not a typo, 1863! This is probably the most iconic of the Bourjois products, I'm not sure if there are any makeup junkies in the country who don't own at least 1 of these. They apply like a dream, last forever and have that glorious dusky rose scent. Not to mention they are very compact and travel very easily.

I think it is probably safe to say that Bourjois are currently one of my favourite budget brands. They aren't showing munch in the way of signs of slowing down either so here is hoping that they continue to product more stand out products. I have another Bourjois post lined up later this week in the shape of Chocolate Bronzers, so watch out for that one too.

Do you love Bourjois?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...