Wednesday 13 August 2014

Under Eye Concealer For All Budgets

I have always had problems with dark circles under my eyes, those lovely blueish/purplish crescent moons give me such a headache in the mornings while I try my hardest to cover them while still looking natural. I can tell you that this is not an easy task by any stretch of the matter, however thanks to a few products I manage to pull it off (most days). My collection of under eye concealers is pretty large and pretty varied, they stretch across all price ranges and are in different formulas. 

High End



Both Clinique All About Eyes Concealer (£16) and Laura Geller The Real Deal Concealer (£16) are very similar to each other. They are both liquid formulas and you only need a minuscule amount to conceal under your eyes. The Clinique concealer is very lightweight and despite being a high coverage concealer it goes on very fine and blends very well. It is very hydrating and doesn't leave the eye area looking at all dry eve after a days wear. When it comes to Laura Geller, this stuff is serious. Really, I haven't come across another concealer with this industrial strength. It is not specific for under eyes which is why it was the only concealer to make it into my travel makeup bag. You do need to be a little more careful when it comes to blending it out to make sure it is undetectable but once you have done that you are laughing - this is the one I reach for on days where I need serious help.  

Middle Range


Sometimes a cream concealer is called for which is where Bourjois Happy Light Concealer (£8.99) and Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer (£10) step in. These can be applied by using your ring finger and gently patting the concealer over the dark circles, or by a using a concealer brush to lightly apply it around the eye area. I have found that these aren't the best to go for if you need exceptionally high coverage as these are a little more difficult to build up as they quickly crease if there is too much product around the eye area. They are good for days where you need a medium coverage and you can apply a thin layer to help disguise those dark circles. 


Budget 



Both of these budget concealers have been mentioned on Bonjour, Emily before Seventeen Phwoarr Paint (£5.49) is my hero budget concealer - a total dupe for Benefit Boi-ing and I, in fact, prefer it to it's much more expensive cousin. e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer (£3.95) is a more budget friendly version of Laura Geller's concealer mentioned earlier. It doesn't quite give the same industrial strength, however it gives great coverage without looking too cakey and does last well through the day. It can be used all over the face as well rather than just for the under eye area making it a good option for a smaller makeup bag. 

Which products are your secret weapons when it comes to disguising dark circles? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...