Saturday 2 August 2014

The Gold Smokey Eye


Smokey eye looks are always so glamorous, however during the summer months a full-on dark smokey eye can look a little too heavy. While getting ready to go out for dinner in Florida I wanted to do a smokey eye, but didn't want anything too dark or heavy looking.

I first of all reached for Lush Cream Eyeshadow in Happiness, mainly to have a play with it as I had only just purchased it that afternoon. After applying a layer over each eye I had the brainwave of using it as a base beneath Urban Decay Naked. As you can see from the picture I have recently repurchased this. Where I do feel £37 is steep for an eyeshadow palette - I love the buttery soft texture of Urban Decay's shadows. So I Applied Virgin on my brow bone and in the inner corners, used Half-Baked over the lid to set the cream shadow and then took Hustle in the crease and outer corner and then buffed and blended it all in so that it was seamless. I have to say, the cream shadow from Lush worked as the perfect base for the Urban Decay shadows and I used this duo several times afterwards to create subtle smokey eye looks. 

Do you like a smokey eye? Do you differ from the grey/black look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...