Sunday 27 July 2014

Glowing Summer Skin for Pale People

You can still have a summer-time glow even if you are pale like me. You know that I love being pale, I hid under big hats, kimonos and factor 50 for near enough the full two weeks while in Florida in a bid not to get a tan (I think everyone else who was with us thought I was a nutter - what can I say?!). Since arriving back home, I have been smothering myself in sun cream before leaving the house because for some bizarre reason Glasgow seems to be getting some summer weather - I know, I'm just as shocked as you are. Now despite wanting to remain pale, I do like to have a slight summer glow. Allow me to introduce you to my glowing dream team.


I have been starting out by applying my SPF 50 all over my face and neck and waiting around 15 minutes for it to fully absorb, after this I apply a layer of Lush's Enzymion which is a new favourite of mine. This has lemon juice and papaya in it which makes it smell so summery and it really uplifts you when you open the pot and apply it. These ingredients also help to brighten the skin and leave you with a lovely matte base. After this I have been applying Jackie Oates with the Complexion Blending Brush from the EcoTools Fresh and Flawless kit to even out my skin tone. This gives a great natural finish and also contains titanium dioxide which helps to block out the sun on the skin, bonus! To finish off the glowing skin, I take the Full Powder Brush from the same EcoTools kit and run the Physicians Formula 100% Natural Origin Bronzer (I have the light shade) across my forehead, cheeks and nose. 
When all added together, these work together to give a natural, light sunkissed glow which looks great alone or can easily be a base for a full makeup look. These three products were my staples while on holiday as they were quick and made gave me a healthy glow. 

What are your 'go-to' summer glow products?

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post, I'm really pale too and find it hard to find bronzing products that look natural on me. I do like the Bourjois chocolate bronzer, and W7 does a good one too! I don't really tan you see, my freckles just connect :( lol

    Holly xx
    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I get freckley and eventually take a bit of colour I prefer to be pale though :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...