Sunday 10 August 2014

bareMinerals Bareskin



I picked up bareMinerals Bareskin and the Perfecting Face Brush while in Florida. Having used it a few times over there and having tried it at home as well I am still a tad undecided. I loved the idea of a liquid foundation from bareMinerals because no matter how hard I try, I can never get the mineral powder foundation to work properly on my skin. I buff and buff but it just doesn't work well on my skin. So when I heard about this product I was eager to give it a go.

Firstly, what can only be described as the gimmick with this product is the brush - all in for the foundation and the 'special' brush you are set back a whopping £50 and in all honesty you do not need this brush. It is a bit of a con if you ask me because you can easily use any other brush in your collection to apply this. Yes, you drop 3 drops of the foundation into the well at the top but you can just as easily drop those three drops on to the back of you hand and buff it on with your well loved Real Techniques brush. While we are on the subject of dropping the foundation - it's messy. It is a nib similar to the Makeup Revolution 'The One' Foundation but the lid is not as secure and when you open the lid on this foundation 9 times out of 10 there is product all over the inside of the lid and running down the nib - not cool when you've parted with so much money for it. 

This product does have some plus points. I love that it has an SPF20, as you may know, I can be a bit full on when it comes to sun protection (see here) and any product which has added sun protection always goes down well with me. There is also a tremendous shade range so you will find a great match for your skintone - although the girl in the bareMinerals Boutique was useless at matching me and looked at me like a deer caught in the headlights when I asked her what shade I needed. So I took to the testers myself and matched my own shade. Once applied (whether this be done with the special brush or with another) this product does look great on, it is the 'your skin, but better' look which I think everyone want from a foundation. The coverage light/medium and is buildable, however too much makes you look very shiny so beware if you need full-coverage. 

All in all, if you are looking for a foundation with reasonable coverage and an SPF, this will probably tick the right boxes for you - just don't fall into the trap because you seriously do not need that brush.

Have you tried this foundation yet? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...