Tuesday 13 May 2014

Elizabeth Arden Summer Escape 2014




After lusting over the new Elizabeth Arden collection for summer 2014 for so long, I decided to bite the bullet and pick up a couple of the products that caught my eye using loyalty points (hurrah for loyalty cards!). I must say that I really do love the Riviera style packaging for this collection, I don't know about you but I think it looks incredibly chic and just oozes summer glamour.

Moving away from the packaging and on to the products themselves now. First up I wanted to try the Gloss Stick (£17.00), I chose to get this in the shade 'Coral Reef', I own a sickening amount of red lip-products and the shade 'Sunrise' swatched more red than pink so I opted for the orange shade. 'Coral Reef' is beautifully summery on. Even though the colour is quite pigmented, when you wear this it doesn't look heavy meaning that those days when you are on holiday and you haven't got much in the way of makeup on you won't look daft with heavy lips and not much of anything else. This is also very hydrating on the lips which is always a plus for the summer months. You also get a sharpener with this which is good and means that you won't have that awkward trying to find a sharpener that fits and won't eat chunks out of the pencil while you try every size that you have.

I also wanted to pick up the Pure Finish Cool Radiance Highlighter Stick (£25.00). I haven't quite made my mind up on this if I am honest. The colour is brilliant for my skin tone, as it is a cool based highlighter my cool complexion looks quite good with it. The downside? It is quite glittery. When you apply this product it goes on very sparkly which I really dislike in a highlighter. Sparkly highlighters make me feel like I'm 5 again getting ready to do a dancing display having been doused in glitter-spray. That being said, if you buff and blend this in with a brush it calms down to a level that I am happy to go out while wearing it. This also lasts pretty well through the day and does keep you looking more radiant (assuming the glitter has been buffed and blended!).

Have you tried any of these products yet? What did you think of them? I would still like to try the Bronzing Powder in this range!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...