Friday 10 January 2014

Prime Time

Primer is something which, despite owning several, I can be guilty of skipping if I have slept in and I am trying to quickly make myself look like I am totally a morning person (I'm totally not as of late - G has passed on his bad habit of going to bed ridiculously late to me!). I can lay a pound to a penny that if I miss out a primer it will get to lunchtime and when I look in the mirror and think 'Really? Why didn't I just put it on.' because my foundation is starting to sink in in some parts of my face and looks cakey in others - which was not the case after I applied it.

I like to try and test different primers as much as I do any other make up product which has lead to a good collection, but these guys always stand out...

This is the magnificent seven as far as I am concerned. I'll split them into categories for reviewing purposes because between the seven they mainly do three things for my skin. I'm splitting them into blurring, brightening and fixing.

Let's kick of with the blurring primers of which there are three in my collection; Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (£11.99)Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser (£7.99) and Benefit The Porefessional (£24.50). All of these guys work to disguise enlarged pores and create a beautifully smooth base for the rest of your makeup to go on top of. Even though they do the same kind of thing each of these primers is different; Revlon's offering is more of a multitasker compared with the other two as it has an element of brightening in it too and it creates a practically flawless base. Maybelline is new to my collection so I have only used it a handful of times but I am impressed so far, it disguises the pores on my nose and provides a nice canvas for building foundation on top of. However my stand out blurring primer is Benefit's Porefessional - so much so that I am on to my travel sized product before my next trip to the counter - where Maybelline's Baby Skin does hide enlarged pores The Porefessional seems to completely eliminate them. If there is one thing that Benefit do right, it is primers. 

Onto brightening now, where another three are in this category; Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer (£10.99)elf Mineral Infused Primer (£6.00) and MUA Undress Your Skin Flawless Primer (£4.00). If you are looking for a base to brighten your skin then one of these three should do the trick; Bourjois is the best for brightening - however does not have the same staying power as the other two in my experience with it (that being said, with a fixing spray my makeup still lasted about 8 hours before looking a bit patchy). I was very impressed with both MUA and elf's primers here as they are more of the budget option but both do the job of blurring pores - not to the extent that the guys in he blurring category do which is why they are not up there but they do create a lovely bright complexion and a long lasting base which is easily prolonged with use of a good fixing spray.

Finally, the seventh of my stand out primers is the fixing primer; Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer (£24.50) which is my total favourite. Like I said, if there is one thing that Benefit do right, it is primers. It is a bit odd at first as it looks like a giant Pritt Stick, however it acts like one too and holds your makeup exactly where you put it - no more melting eyebrows and concealer because this holds it where you put it until you take makeup remover to it. Honestly, this primer is worth every single penny. 

What is your favourite primer? Is it one of these guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...