Friday 6 September 2013

Woollies at the Ready.



The weather is turning colder (well, in Glasgow at least!) and it is getting dark earlier in the evenings. I think that summer has well and truly left us now - this was of course met with a cold kicking off the beginning of my week!
As much as I love the Summertime, it was with great pleasure that I looked out my thick woolly jumpers for the colder months. I love cosy nights, watching films and drinking hot chocolate. Curling up on the couch with a fleecy blanket when it is cold outside is one of my favourite things to do. Especially when it is pouring with rain - that is of course assuming I don't need to go out in it!
There is something about getting wrapped up, hat, scarf, gloves and heavy coat and walking out into crisp air which I really adore, even better when you are almost home and remember that before you left you sat your slippers on the radiator to heat up before you get home. 
I don't know about you, but I am planning on getting lots of sewing and making done over the coming months. Now that the BBQ season is over I am planning on spending my free time which was being spent sitting out reading in the sunshine making some of the projects which have found their way on to my Pinterest boards. I'm already thinking about Christmas (sorry!) and trying to get sorted early in order to save stress as December approaches. Handmade gifts and thoughtful gift baskets are going to be started very soon, in fact, I purchased some bits for a gift basket yesterday! 
I am also looking forward to seeing The Lion King (my favourite Disney film - ever) on stage for the first time in Edinburgh with my Mum  next month which is a birthday treat for both of us (even though her birthday was in March and mine in August!).

What are you looking forward to in the coming months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...