Saturday 14 June 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer


I love a bright, matte finish lip. I also love a good budget makeup brand. Put these two loves together and enter MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquers and you are certainly on to a winner. I picked this trio up on my lunch break while Superdrug had their 3 for 2 offer on across all cosmetics making the total price to pay an amazing £6. 

I picked up AtomicCriminal and Funk. They are all bright, packed with pigment and last brilliantly throughout the day. I didn't expect these to be all that great considering they are £3, I have tried lots from MUA before and the quality for the price that you pay is great but for some reason I didn't have particularly high hopes for these. I was wrong. 

Ok, they are not the best lip product in my stash, but they certainly aren't the worst either. As I said, these are really well pigmented and are very bright. They last really well, I do find that they need a top up in the afternoon, but there is still colour there and it does still look pretty even, it just needs a quick refresh for the rest of the day.

My only criticism of these is that they can be quite drying. Yes, they are a matte finish and most matte effect lip products do feel dry. The best way to combat this is to make sure that your lips are smooth and free of dry skin before applying. I use a lip scrub across my lips before application to prevent the colour from clinging to the dry skin and making the colour look patchy.

On the whole, these are definitely worth the money. Just make sure that your lips are super smooth before applying!

Have you tried these yet? What colours do you have?



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...