Monday 19 August 2013

Confidence.



I have mentioned to you before that I have a bit of a girl crush on Dita Von Teese. I think that she is fantastic, not only is she a very beautiful woman, but she speaks a lot of sense. Through a post on Twitter during the week, I came across this article written by Dita on xojane.com and found it to echo my thoughts exactly and I am always so pleased when I read of celebrities that people look up to promoting this way of thinking.

Basically the article is Dita saying 'so what if I dress differently and somebody makes fun of me? I look good and I know it.' I think that this is a great way of thinking and for me, something as simple as sticking my red lipstick on before I go out to do the grocery shopping makes me feel great. If I ever see anybody staring at me when I am out with that 'you look weird' face because I have a flowery silk scarf tied around my head to disguise that I am out with my rollers in - I smile at them, they soon look away as they  actually begin to feel awkward when they realise that I am completely comfortable and happy as I am. 

Isn't that what it is all about anyway? If you are like me and dress in vintage or more old-fashioned styled clothes and have victory rolls in your hair or if you are completely different and wouldn't be seen dead in a floral circle skirt and red lipstick - if you are happy and comfortable then who cares what anyone else thinks?! As Gok Wan says - 'It's all about the confidence!' 


Until next time!
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...